This is part (a section) of a recent advert design I worked on but it wasn’t approved. See steps on how to achieve this simple shadow style.
1. Create your elements, here I used a moon and star, your may use text as well.
2. Apply colours/gradient
3. Draw a shape that will represent the shadow as done below and place it behind the object.
4. Apply transparency tool – use the ‘Linear’ transparency type.
5. Apply step 4 for all objects.
6. Convert the shadow to bitmaps, apply the ‘Blur’ effect and place the object in container/frame.
Your design should look like this!