The recession finds a way to bring out the DIY in you, I’ve always been a DIY person but my DIY abilities are on ‘fleek’ right now. I recently reogranised my work station, I had some items scattered around my table – biro’s, bible, measuring tape, chewing gum and stuff like that. I wanted to place them at a section on my table neatly, I could have called a carpenter to create something for me or just buy one of those table / desk organisers.
Then I saw some empty diaper cartons in storage; I can place that on my table and just throw in all the little desk items I thought, but I also wanted it to look nice. See steps below on how I created a cute table/desk top organiser out of old diaper cartons. (It was rather dark so the pictures don’t look great)
- Carton – could be ceral cartons too
- Glue (UHU)
- Colourful wrapping paper
1. Get a carton, you can also use a cereal pack.
2. Cut the ‘flaps’ off
3. Measure both sides (diagonaly) so you can create an opening, here I used 4 inches from the top.
4. Cut out the opening, use a cutter.
5. Get your wrapping paper and wrap around the carton, use a different wrapping paper for the inside.
You can use this DIY organiser on table tops, wardrobes or drawers.